I would like to introduce you to Apsara Gopalarathnam, one of the winners of the Vegan Cook off event on my facebook food group Food from the Heart , that ended on Jul 15, 2015. She is the founder of blog –http://eatingwelldiary.com/ . She has laid out all her recipes in a way that can be easily followed by cooking novices or veterans. Please feel free to explore her blog to check out your favorite recipes and leave comments. I had an opportunity to interview her and have included relevant excerpts for your reference.
1.How did your journey begin?
After I watched some food and health related documentaries, I decided to cook healthy meals everyday and started the blog to document them.
2. How do you find time to manage your blog and how many hour’s you spend per day/week on an average on your blog?
I spend as much of my free time in experimenting with new recipes and trying out some from friends and other blogs. I spend about 1 hour a day in blogging.
3. Please tell us about your blog and what’s the idea behind choosing your blog name?
The blog is a diary of recipes that can be used to make daily food healthy. Hence the name “Eating Well Diary”. It also contains general information and thoughts on nutrition, and products that I decide to buy for nutritive value to add to everyday food.
4. What’s the biggest challenge you faced in maintaining your blog?
Finding time to maintain the blog is the biggest challenge!
5. What’s your hobby apart from blogging?
Baking, reading, gardening, painting, classical music.
6. Have you got the support you need from your family members to run your blog?
My husband is very supportive of my blogging efforts. All the recipes that I post have been taste-approved by family members, especially my husband.
7. Do you love to cook or the blogging aspect give you the push to dish out creative dishes?
I love to cook and make my family happy about what they eat. The blogging aspect certainly inspires to be creative. When I get positive feedback from readers and friends, it gives me great joy and makes every effort worth it.
8. We have heard that blogging is an easy way to make money online. Do you have some tips for the future bloggers who are interested in making money from the blog?
I have not yet monetized my blog. I would only say this: Blogging should be done as a passion and from the heart more than for monetary gain.
9. Please give some Food Photography tricks to our members here.
Use natural light and manual mode in your camera to take pictures of food. Invest in a good camera or learn to use a smart phone for the purpose. Experiment with different backgrounds and props to make it interesting. Try to edit pictures for modest enhancements.
10. Please share your inputs about the group and suggestions to help us improving the group each day.
I love being a part of ‘Food From The Heart’ group. The members are very warm and welcoming. It is nice to exchange ideas in a group where people are enthusiastic and generous. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this lovely community!